- 11% field growth for exercise physiologists1
- 16% field growth athletic trainers2
- More than 59,000 new positions for exercise science professionals by 20293
Improve Your Career and Impact the Wellness of Others
Designed for practitioners in the field, Calvin University’s online Master’s in Exercise Science program will prepare you for advancement in your career. As a student, you’ll learn from industry experts and graduate fully prepared for a variety of rewarding exercise science career options.
Research published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows a growing need for professionals in the exercise science field, with some positions growing as fast as 16%.2 At this rate, more than 59,000 new exercise science career options will be available by 2029.3
Exercise physiologists create and oversee wellness programs for individuals who are recovering from illness and disease. State and private hospitals employ 22% of current exercise physiologists in the United States.1
Operations managers are responsible for developing and overseeing daily procedures of a company, organization, or facility. Responsibilities for these professionals vary among employer, but often include working closely with members of other departments to ensure their facility is operating efficiently.2
Additional exercise science career options include:
- Athletic director
- Athletic facilities director
- Athlete manager
- Business owner
- Cardiac rehab exercise specialist
- Collegiate or professional coach
- Higher education instructor
- Hospital-based health coach
- Performance and sport trainer
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Sports management professional
Request More Information
Thank you for your interest in Calvin University. We are here to answer all of your questions. Submit this form and an admissions counselor will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Once you complete the online Master’s in Exercise Science program, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of God’s design of the human body.
- Apply advanced nutrition principles to exercise and sport.
- Develop exercise counseling and behavior modification strategies for individuals with diverse needs.
- Administer proper leadership techniques in athletic settings.
- Create and advocate access to appropriate, safe, and effective exercise prescriptions for elite, healthy, at-risk, and diseased individuals.
The online Master’s in Exercise Science program offers three career-specific concentrations designed to enhance your professional capabilities.
Online Master’s in Exercise Science: Health and Exercise Rehabilitation concentration
The online MS in Exercise Science – Health and Exercise Rehabilitation program prepares students for careers that involve helping others achieve their health and fitness goals and maintain healthy lifestyles for years to come.
We equip students to succeed on their life-long vocational path by determining their strengths, developing their skills, and discovering God’s call for their lives.