- $74,560 median annual salary for epidemiologists in 20201
- $91,510 median annual salary for medical scientists in 20202
- 17% projected employment growth for medical scientists through 20302
Cross-Disciplinary Knowledge for Careers in Public Health
Calvin University’s Master of Public Health online degree takes a cross-disciplinary approach to ensure you graduate with diverse expertise and the competitive skills necessary to succeed as a public health leader. You’ll build advanced skills in epidemiology, biostatistics, and effective leadership as you prepare for a variety of in-demand careers in public health.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a growing need for public health professionals, with some positions in the field growing at a rate of 6%. This expansion is expected to create thousands of new careers in public health by 2029.
Epidemiologists research trends in infectious diseases, illnesses, and injuries to predict and prevent health risks in communities. 35% of epidemiologists in the United States worked for government agencies in 2020.1
Social and Community Service Manager
Social and community service managers promote public health and stability in their communities by planning and managing outreach programs and services. More than 26,000 new positions for social and community service managers are expected to be created by 2030.3
Additional careers in public health for graduates of this program:
- Research Analyst
- Health Analyst
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Health Consultant
- Community Educator
- Patient Advocate
- Policy Developer
- Disease Intervention Specialist
- Policy Analyst
- Aid Worker
Request More Information
Thank you for your interest in Calvin University. We are here to answer all of your questions. Submit this form and an admissions counselor will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Once you complete the Master of Public Health online program, you’ll be able to:
- Apply evidence-based approaches informed by data analysis and systems thinking tools
- Discuss how structural bias, social inequities, and racism undermine health and create challenges to achieving health equity at organizational, community, and societal levels
- Design population-based policies, programs, projects, or interventions
- Propose strategies to identify stakeholders and build coalitions and partnerships for influencing public health outcomes
- Apply principles of leadership, governance, and management, which include creating a vision, empowering others, fostering collaboration, and guiding the decision-making process
- Describe the interplay between religion and health
The Master of Public Health online degree offers two concentrations to prepare you for in-demand careers in public health.
Master of Public Health: Global Public Health Concentration
The online MPH – Global Health program delivers the effective leadership skills necessary to impact public health in diverse communities across the world.
Master of Public Health: Infectious Disease Concentration
The online MPH – Infectious Disease program delivers advanced epidemiology expertise through a curriculum founded on Christian principles.
We equip students to succeed on their life-long vocational path by determining their strengths, developing their skills, and discovering God’s call for their lives.