Build High-Value Skills to Advance Your Career
Finish in 12 months
Gain a global perspective
Advance in a growing field
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Move Into Top Leadership Roles
Social and Community Service Manager $74,000 per year1
Urban and Regional Planner $78,500 per year2
Administrative Services Manager $99,290 per year3
Government Program Manager $90,187 per year4
Elevate Your Career and Effect Meaningful Change
Earning an MPA certificate at Calvin University is the first step toward advancing as a leader in your field with the high-value skills and knowledge sought by top employers. With expertise in leadership, ethics, communication, and planning, you’ll stand out with a Public Administration or Nonprofit Administration Certificate.
Upon completion of your graduate certificate, you’ll be eligible to continue learning in Calvin’s full MPA program for further career development.
- Complete your online MPA certificate program in one year and continue your studies to earn your master’s.
- Study topics in public policy, leadership, communication, and policy analysis.
- Experience a Christian, liberal arts education.
Urban and Regional Planner
Urban and regional planners oversee plans to develop communities, accommodate population growth, and revitalize cities and towns. They collaborate with other public officials and meet regularly with developers and the public. These professionals also review site plans and conduct field investigations to analyze public needs.
Administrative Services Manager
Administrative services managers supervise office and clerical staff. They manage records and recommend changes to policies and procedures to help public offices run more smoothly. Individuals in these roles often coordinate and oversee a range of services and activities.
Government Program Manager
Government program managers are team leaders who use their expertise to strategically plan, manage, and assess projects under their supervision. These professionals find success with skills in leadership, finance, and analysis.
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
What You’ll Learn
Graduates of Calvin’s MPA certificate programs will demonstrate ability to:
- Articulate and apply a Christian vision for public service across government, society, and the church.
- Participate in, and contribute to, the policy process.
- Analyze and synthesize data and think critically to solve problems and make evidence-informed decisions in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Lead and manage in the public interest.
- Communicate and interact productively and in culturally responsive ways with a diverse and changing workforce and society at large.
Skills You’ll Gain
- Social Mobilization
- Community Development
- Data Visualization
- Statistical Analysis
We equip students to succeed on their life-long vocational path by determining their strengths, developing their skills, and discovering God’s call for their lives.