Enter a Rewarding Career Field
- Help people with speech, language, voice, and/or swallowing difficulties
- Pursue professional certification
With Calvin University’s master’s degree in speech-language pathology, your critical thinking, communication, research, and writing skills will apply to several environments and career paths.
2020 median wage
As a certified speech-language pathologist, you would assess, diagnose, treat, and help to prevent communication and swallowing disorders in children and adults. You might also maintain patient records, work in interprofessional teams, and adjust treatment programs as necessary.
Careers for speech-language pathologists are expected to grow 25% through 2029, which is much faster than the average for other occupations.
Request More Information
Thank you for your interest in Calvin University. We are here to answer all of your questions. Submit this form and an admissions counselor will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
In Calvin University’s online master’s degree in speech-language pathology program, you’ll study and practice techniques to utilize for treating clients with speech and language issues, injuries, or other challenges. You’ll also:
- Read, synthesize, and integrate external and internal evidence into your practice
- Reflect on the role of faith in your patient care
- Consider how diversity, equity, and inclusion impact your work
- Engage in critical thinking and case-based applications
- Complete virtual and in-person clinical hours
- Engage in experiential learning
- Work closely with faculty mentors
- Polish your résumé
- Complete mock interviews
- Review for the PRAXIS test or national certification
We equip students to succeed on their life-long vocational path by determining their strengths, developing their skills, and discovering God’s call for their lives.